Parenting in Progress

I am the proud mother of a beautiful baby boy and the purpose of this blog is to record my experience of motherhood.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Look who dropped the nappy bin on his toe

and mummy just stands there taking pics!

Took Sorley to a different mums and toddlers group today and what a difference. I've discovered that the majority of the town's mothers take their kids to this group. There was loads of kids, many around Sorley's age and he had a great time. Everyone kept an eye on their own kid and there was very little in the way of mishaps. The people who run the group are friendly, everyone chats whilst watching the kids and there is even a singsong at the end for all. What a relief to find this group, I'm definitely joining it.

Sorley had a wee fall at my mum's yesterday on her driveway, the poor mite's face is scratched all down one side and my mum was pretty terrified about bringing him home to me! But he's okay. The clever boy can now blow his nose if I hold a tissue to it.

I'm thinking about going back to uni this year, the original plan was to have another baby then do a post-grad course at uni that will actually get me into a job. But thinking about it I really don't think we could afford for me to do another year at uni once we've had another kid. For the course I'm looking at I think I'd have to be at uni for two full days and two half days in the week which means I'd take Sorley up with me for the two half days and put him in the creche up there and for the two full days he'd spend the morning at childcare (my husband's cousin had just qualified for childcare) and the afternoon at my mum's until J could pick him up at 4pm. So sounds like a good option, just got to work out funding then apply for the course!

5 Comments:

At 2:14 pm, Anonymous sheetal said...

he's cuter by the day =)

K mentioned you thinking of going back to uni - what course are you applying for?x

 
At 5:24 pm, Blogger Sorlil said...

I'm thinking about Public Policy, it was on last year's list of funded courses and the woman thinks it'll probably be on this year's as well but I have to wait a month or so for SAAS to put on their website the list of funded courses for this year. It's an MSc but SAAS only fund the diploma, if I got onto the course I'd be hoping to get funding from the department to do the dissertation and get the masters, that's my thoughts for now anyhow!

 
At 8:08 pm, Blogger Katya said...

Gads, glad I read the comments above...I was wondering if you were considering going for your doctorate! What is public policy? I could guess, but so many times the names of various govenmental things (at least here) are not exactly what they *are*, specifically.

I thought little Sorley was busy, but it looks like you are, too!

Wishing you the very best, whatever you decide! May God bless your endeavors!

 
At 12:21 am, Blogger Sorlil said...

thanks Katya, public policy is pretty much as it sounds - looking at theory and practice of governance, policy analysis, policy design and delivery in areas such as housing, crime and criminal justice, health etc. The aim is to do something that might actually qualify me for a job for a change!

 
At 1:22 pm, Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Sorlill, look the little fella saying Ouch help me...Your going to be one busy lady when you go back to Uni...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BLOGS I LIKE TO VISIT
  • an honest man
  • Bear Grylls
  • blethers
  • Donna
  • Gwen
  • Husband's blog
  • Jeanette
  • Katya
  • LittleJen
  • Making a Person
  • Message in a bottle
  • Michael Manning
  • nothingbutbluesky
  • The Funny Bone
  • Oswald Chambers, daily reading
  • Answers In Genesis
  • British Museum
  • Sylvia Plath Forum
  • recipezaar
  • Pregnancy week by week
  • Poetry free for all
  • Everest Online
  • myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

    Powered by Blogger

    BABY SCAN AT 9 WEEKS 3 DAYS! Locations of visitors to this page myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics