Parenting in Progress

I am the proud mother of a beautiful baby boy and the purpose of this blog is to record my experience of motherhood.

Monday, March 31, 2008

So What Have We Been Up To??

Well we've just enjoyed a couple of nice and quiet weeks after what seemed like a couple of frenzied weeks of activity before that.I spent my first night away from Sorley which was 2 full days and 1 night, and guess what - he and daddy survived! I was at a poetry festival in St. Andrews which I blogged about in my other blog here.


We were also invited to a wedding held in St. Conan's Kirk, a beautiful church on the banks of Loch Awe
The reception was in Ardanaiseig Hotel which is also on the banks of Loch Awe and where we spent the night, a beautiful place and the bed was big enough for Sorley to sleep comfortably long-ways between me and daddy.
This is Sorley in his kilt outfit for the wedding - ok I know the slippers don't match!

Some pics of my mischievous boy, pulling mummy's wardrobe to bits
Don't think this picture needs any explanation
look who's worked out how to climb onto the windowsill
who needs toys when you've got the good old pots and pans
sometimes he'll climb into his pram for a wee rest

So what's new with Sorley - he completely has his own little language now, it feels like he understands everything I'm saying so I have to be more careful what I say in front of him. He likes provoking me to reaction, I can't leave any shoes lying about or else he'll pick them up and lick their soles to see me shriek in horror. He sings along to most things, the hoover, the beeping of the 6 o'clock news - I mean everything!
My dog has turned into a neurotic mess because of all the noise Sorley manages to make out of anything.
Mostly it's been raining lately so we've not been out much but today was gorgeous so we had a picnic on the promenade, Sorley walked for a good while along the promenade then we went to the swing park where he found some 6 and 7 year old girls who adored him and played with him.
He loves meeting other kids, in fact he loves meeting anyone and is a right wee entertainer, not in the least bit shy. He also loves giving little girls kisses!!

7 Comments:

At 2:39 am, Blogger Kae said...

WOW! You sure packed a lot into this post...

I LOVE seeing Sorley in his kilt and matching attire. What a sturdy little man he is! You had better watch out or one of those older girls is going to steal your wee man away!!!!

What an exciting past few weeks for you and your family. How wonderful that Dad and Sorley survived their time together without you!

The photo with the tissues made me giggle....that is SO typical of the *male*!!!

What a lovely set of photos. You are certainly having so much fun!

 
At 10:08 am, Anonymous sheetal said...

could i please get a copy of the pic of Sorley in kilt (with matching slippers)? So adorable. x

 
At 11:05 am, Blogger HORIZON said...

Oh you're in for so much fun with Sorley aM!!! The shoe licking thing- arghhh!
Love him in his kilt- what a wee smasher. Reminded me of J wearing his kilt when younger- a lot younger :)
x

 
At 12:19 pm, Blogger Jeanette said...

Oh I love sorley in his Kilt he's so cute.shoe licking Germs ahhhhhhh.
Oh I love the old buildings in St Andrews when we were there quite a few years ago. and went into the tartan shop there near the golfcourse , and bought my 2 grandaughters a kilt and myself and couple of pieces of tartan to bring back as gifts.love all your photo's

 
At 7:14 pm, Blogger heidi said...

what great pictures you have posted! i especially loved the one of sorley in his kilt. we need to get a kilt for tristan too!

 
At 8:43 pm, Blogger Michael Manning said...

Sorley reminds me of everything I got into to "investigate" with the exception of the kilt. What outstanding architecture of the church!

 
At 9:00 am, Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Sorlil.
It's been awhile since my last visit,I have been so slack but just had to see how things were going.
Sorley sure has grown and I love his kilt xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

BLOGS I LIKE TO VISIT
  • an honest man
  • Bear Grylls
  • blethers
  • Donna
  • Gwen
  • Husband's blog
  • Jeanette
  • Katya
  • LittleJen
  • Making a Person
  • Message in a bottle
  • Michael Manning
  • nothingbutbluesky
  • The Funny Bone
  • Oswald Chambers, daily reading
  • Answers In Genesis
  • British Museum
  • Sylvia Plath Forum
  • recipezaar
  • Pregnancy week by week
  • Poetry free for all
  • Everest Online
  • myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

    Powered by Blogger

    BABY SCAN AT 9 WEEKS 3 DAYS! Locations of visitors to this page myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics